Welcome to the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) website. SIFMA has created this statement so that you understand our information gathering and dissemination practices.
The SIFMA website does not collect any personal identifying information about you unless you specifically and knowingly provide such information.
What We Collect
We collect and keep information about how to reach you (such as name, title, firm, mailing and e-mail address, phone and fax number) and information about which specific markets, functional areas, and types of information are pertinent to you. We use this to help get you information that is useful to you, and to avoid bothering you with information that isn’t.
When We Collect It
This information is only collected when you fill out an online form, or respond to one of our email notices. Submitting personal information is not required to use the SIFMA website except to access passworded portions of the site.
What We Do With It
Data gathered with Order Forms/Registration Forms/Contact Information Forms: We’ll keep track of your address so that it’s easier for you to reregister or reorder. Other information is gathered so that we can bill you or ship the products to you.
When you ask for a Password: If you’re asked for some information when you apply for a password to secure pages, it’s used to generate a password and communicate password and other pertinent information to you.
- If you’re interested in Web page Subscriptions: When you subscribe to a page, we use your email address only to send you a notice when the page is updated.
- We may disclose information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as to respond to a subpoena or similar legal process, and to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities.
- You should be aware that your business contact information may also be provided to third party vendors that are sponsors or exhibitors at SIFMA conferences. In addition, your business contact information may be used to send you information about SIFMA or any of its events or activities. You can choose to “opt out” of any electronic mailings.
- SIFMA uses Google analytics; you may turn off Google analytics tracking and disable cookies in your browser settings. Google Analytics does not share actual IP address information with Google Analytics customers (Learn more).
- We may also track users by IP address and by Cookies (cookies can be disabled in your browser settings) for broad demographic data, as well as to help make sure that we’re delivering the information you want.