Mr. Kaplan serves as a member of Davis Polk’s three-person Management Committee and previously was co-head of the firm’s global Capital Markets Group. He advises issuers and underwriters in connection with capital markets and leveraged finance transactions, including initial public offerings and other equity offerings, as well as convertible and high-yield debt issuance. He has worked on transactions in a wide variety of industries. Mr. Kaplan also advises investment banking clients on securities-law-related matters and advises corporate clients in areas including corporate governance and SEC and Sarbanes-Oxley matters.
Mr. Kaplan is consistently recognized as a leading capital markets lawyer:
- Chambers Global & Chambers USA – Capital Markets, Band 1
- Legal 500 U.S.
- Law360 – “Capital Markets MVP,” 2015
- The American Lawyer – “Dealmaker of the Year,” 2012
- A.B., Harvard College, 1992
- summa cum laude
- J.D., Harvard Law School, 1995
- magna cum laude