Looking forward to 2013, the municipal securities industry faces new and continuing challenges: headline risk influencing investor confidence; alternative financing solutions; federal legislative proposals affecting tax exemption; and increased regulatory scrutiny and enforcement. These challenges also present new opportunities. Industry leaders, policy makers, issuers and regulators will present their views on these issues in a forum where audience participation is encouraged.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
The target audience for this event includes dealers, issuers and public sector finance officers, municipal advisors, portfolio managers, private client advisors, commercial bankers, institutional investors, rating agencies, letter of credit banks, bond insurers, credit analysts, compliance officers, and internal and outside counsel.
PROGRAM TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Electoral Politics: Muni Bond Tax Exemption Under Active Attack
- Developments in the Secondary Market: Where is the Liquidity?
- Municipal Bond Indices – What is Missing?
- Borrowing at the Short End – Trends Affecting the Variable Rate Market
- SEC Roadmap for the Muni Market: Pre-Trade Price Transparency, Market Structure, and Disclosure