Cassandra “Cassie” Lentchner utilizes her unique background in financial services regulations and regulatory relationships to strategically analyze and balance risk with business advancement and development.
Cassie has extensive experience coordinating between diverse constituencies and implementing and supervising all aspects of a legal and compliance program. In the banking sector, she focuses her work on regulatory compliance, including the development and assessment of programs to implement and monitor regulatory requirements, including programs for cybersecurity, anti-corruption, government and political activities, ethics and global financial crimes. While at New York State’s Department of Financial Services, she served as head of compliance for the state’s regulator of financial services companies. In this position, she concentrated on and made key achievements in initiatives focusing on cybersecurity, anti-money laundering and fintech licensing.
- As a regulator, developed and implemented a comprehensive regulatory approach to cybersecurity and transaction monitoring, including finalizing and implementing a department’s first-in-the-nation regulation of cybersecurity, design and implementation of examination protocols for regulated institutions compliance.
- As an in-house professional, developed and supervised global compliance programs, including the development of policies, pre-clearance systems, tracking, monitoring and testing, training initiatives and regulatory reporting of policies, procedures, systems, monitoring and testing.
- Significant experience with fintech organizations, including developing regulatory compliance standards and processes for application, supervision and examination of New York-regulated BitLicensees and digital asset companies, and other fintech non-depository financial institutions.
- Previously served as the chief compliance officer for the New York State Department of Financial Services, the regulator of all banks and insurance companies in the State of New York.
- Former senior professional in the Morgan Stanley legal and compliance department and member of the global financial crimes governance and operating committee.
- Speaker and trainer concerning cybersecurity, global financial crimes and other compliance topics at many financial services industry events, including events for the Securities and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA), the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS), St. Johns University School of Risk Management, Insurance and Actuarial Science and Cardozo Law School.