SIFMA Tech Expo 2012
June 19-21, 2011
Hilton New York
SIFMA Tech 2013 convened industry leaders, regulators and solution providers to explore pressing industry issues and their solutions. The event offered critical updates and expert outlooks that will help you achieve a technological infrastructure that facilitates operating efficiency and promotes sound risk management
Randy Snook, Executive Vice President of SIFMA welcomes attendees to SIFMA Tech 2013 and outlines key tech priorities for SIFMA, addressing cyber attacks tops the list.
Ray Kurzweil, Founder, Chairman, CEO, Kurzweil Technologies and Director of Engineering at Google, Kurzweil Technologies, Inc. engages in a forward-looking dialogue with members and explains the future is different than our intuition. Generally the future is linear but for technology, it is exponential.
Gregg Berman, Associate Director of the Office of Analytics and Research, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) discusses transformational technologies being used by the SEC. He emphasized financial firms' use of technology comes with responsibility to have systems that work, in the world's most-watched markets.
Dr. Bernard S. Meyerson, IBM Fellow, Vice President Innovation, IBM discusses how analytics and big data ultimately come together in a way that can change society for the better.
Irfan Khan, Senior Vice President & Chief Technology Officer, SAP Database & Technology, SAP announces "Designing tomorrow's Capital markets" student competition to inspire the youth of today to look for the next generation opportunities.
The Consolidated Audit Trail panel focused on the details surrounding how the Consolidated Audit Trail (CAT) came into existence and ultimately what problems it is being designed to address.
Steve Garrity, CTO and Founder, Hearsay Social talks about how LinkedIn and Facebook are transforming financial services.
Andrew McAfee, Author, Rise of the Machines states that technological development has brought us to the biggest inflection point since the industrial revolution and it's up to us whether or not the outcome is good or bad.
Matthew Reed, Chief Counsel, Office of Financial Research, U.S. Treasury emphasizes with good input, planning and design LEI will be a must-have, like a barcode.
Aron Dutta, Managing Director, Global Financial Markets Strategy, CISCO Systems discusses the evolving role of technology in the capital markets.
- SIFMA Executive Vice President Randy Snook Remarks as Prepared for SIFMA Tech 2013
- Speech: Transformational Technologies, Market Structure, and the SEC - Gregg E. Berman
- Irfan Khan , SAP - The Future of Capital Markets Reimagined
- Matthew Reed, Office of Financial Research, U.S. Treasury - Legal Entity Identifier
- Bloomberg - Sudden Stock Crashes Usually Caused by Human Error, SEC Says
- Forbes - NSA-Style Intelligence Comes To Financial Services Communications
- Reuters - Cost worries dog 'CAT' plan to monitor US stock market
- Cyber Exercise - Quantum Dawn 2
- Cyber Security
- Large Trader Reporting Resource Center
- Legal Entity Identifier
- Proxy Resource Center
- Shortened Settlement Cycle
- SIFMA Operations and Technology Policy Issue Resource Center
SIFMA on Twitter
SEC's Berman: Use of technology comes w/responsibility to have systems that work, in world's most-watched markets #SIFMATech— SIFMA (@SIFMA) June 18, 2013