With the pace and volume of securities issuance at its highest levels since 2007 and new participants entering the space, SIFMA hosted its 2015 annual Insurance and Risk Linked Securities Conference on March 3-4, focused on the future of the ILS market.
Industry CEOs, market experts, thought leaders, sponsors, and institutional investors gathered in New York City to discuss the expanding opportunities of this market, risk management strategies, and how regulatory changes and other related factors are driving the evolution of the industry today and over the next 20 years.
Conference co-chairs, Cory Anger of GC Securities and Sasson Posner of Deutsche Bank Securities, introduce the 2015 IRLS Conference: Looking Ahead – The Future of the ILS Market.
The opening panel, The Next 20 Years in the ILS Market, debate a number of factors impacting the trajectory of the ILS market and what it means for the (Re)insurance sector.
Keynote speaker, Karen Clark, President and CEO of Karen Clark & Company, asserts that complexity in hurricane modeling is not equal to accuracy, and makes the case for ILS to embrace new technology as the industry continues to evolve.
Moderated by Aurora Swithenbank of Goldman, Sachs & Co., the The Next Frontier panel closes the day. Panelist, Michael Millette: One of the key factors in the industry's evolution is investment-oriented reinsurance.
SIFMA Executive Vice President, Business Policy and Practices, Randy Snook: Remarks as Prepared for SIFMA's Insurance- & Risk-Linked Securities Conference 2015
- Profiling Liquidity in the ILS Market
- The Past, Present and Future of Catastropic Modeling and the ILS Market
- Recent Developments in Tax and Legal Impacting ILS
News Coverage and Blogs
- InsuranceLinked: Event Blog from the floor of SIFMA IRLS 2015
- Intelligent Insurer: ILS market has much to be positive about, says SIFMA EVP
- Artemis: 'Enormous potential' for the capital markets in reinsurance: SIFMA exec
- Artemis: Distinction between ILS & reinsurance to keep blurring
- A.M. Best: Insurance Execs See Ongoing Wave of Securitized Risk
- World Risk and Insurance News: More Capital and Comfort with Modeling Spurring Growth in ILS – S&P
SIFMA on Twitter
#IRLS2015 Very professionally organised. Great speakers and delegates. The right place to network and do 1:1 meetings.— Robert Lindblom (@lindblom_robert) March 5, 2015