SIFMA's 14th Annual Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crimes Conference convened leading experts from the securities industry, regulatory agencies and law enforcement to discuss recent developments in the anti-money laundering space and provide practical guidance for implementing effective compliance programs to address money laundering and other financial crimes.
Please see below for photos, presentations, and remarks from the conference.
Ira D. Hammerman, SIFMA's Executive Vice President and General Counsel, welcomes attendees to the Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crimes Conference.
Jennifer Shasky Calvery, Director of the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network, delivers the morning keynote address.
Jennifer Shasky Calvery discusses the safeguards to prevent money launderers and other financial crimes.
Law enforcement and regulators discuss recent enforcement actions and the implications of those actions for your compliance program.
Benjamin M. Lawsky, Superintendent, New York State Department of Financial Services, addresses conference attendees during the luncheon keynote.
Industry and government experts on cybercrime discuss recent trends and the impact on the industry and AML monitoring and compliance.
Regulators from FinCEN, the SEC, FINRA, and the Federal Reserve discuss their AML regulatory priorities for the coming year.
Gregory A. Coleman, FBI investigator in the "Wolf of Wall Street" case, delivers the afternoon keynote address.
- SIFMA Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Ira Hammerman - Remarks as Prepared for SIFMA's Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crimes Conference
- AML and Beyond: the Intersection of AML, Anti-Corruption and Sanctions
- AML in a Best Practices Environment: An Update on Registered Investment Advisers
- All Eyes Open: Trends in Surveillance and Validation
- Latest Trends in Cybercrime: The Impact on our Industry and AML
- Lessons Learned from Recent AML Enforcement Cases
- Microcap Fraud and Lessons from Enforcement
- OFAC and Its Progeny: Sanctions-Related Topics
- Risk Assessments: Developments in Assessing and Managing Risk
- Some Like It Hot: The Industry's Perspective on AML Hot Topics
- Straight from the Source: Regulatory Priorities for 2014
- The FCPA and AML Statutes
- Who's on First? Ins and Outs of Internal Staffing, Outsourcing and Offshoring